- What makes Kona2Kona unique from other tours? We’ll work to create a tour unique to you that includes all the top sights and activities from around the island at a fraction of the cost of other package tours. We cater to your schedule and can do as little or as much as you are up for each day. If you want to sleep in on Saturday morning, just tell us what time to pick you up! If you love Hapuna Beach and want to stay all day, then let’s stay!
- What will our accommodations be like? Accommodations are included in all tours as part of the total package price. Your group will stay in condos and houses that are chosen for their charm, individuality, and location. The Ultimate Adventure Tour includes 3 nights in Kona, 3 nights on the Eastern part of Hawaii near Puna and then a final night back in Kona. The 2 Day Scenic Beauty Tour includes one night in Hilo.
- What time does the tour start in the morning? The standard pickup time is between 7 and 9 am, just let your guide know your preferred time.
- Are meals included on this tour? Breakfast is included each morning of your overnight stay on all tours. For the Ultimate Adventure Tour, select lunches will be provided for beach and hiking days to ensure you get the maximum time at these beautiful sites. When we review your tour itinerary, we’ll clearly outline each day’s activities and meal options. The 2 Day Scenic Beauty Tour will include one breakfast and lunch each day. Dinners and evenings are your time to explore outside the tour and we’re happy to provide recommendations but these are not included.
- Can I choose other things to do that aren’t listed on the day by day activities? Yes, that is the beauty of it. It is your tour. You can add or subtract adventures to your liking so as there is time to fit them in. Tours can be adjusted for families with young children with options like a trip to the Panaewa Zoo. For those not interested in the day hikes, you may instead adjust activities to include trips like a coffee plantation tour, an orchid farm or macadamia nut factory instead. Feel free to let your guide know if there is something in particular you would like to see when planning your trip.
- Do the guides stay with us in our house? No, once you are dropped back at your house you will not see your guide until the following morning at your chosen time.
- What if we want to stay extra days on the island after the tour is complete? Great, let us know what kind of accommodations you would like and Kona2Kona will work to get you discounted rates for the rest of your stay, including before or after a cruise.
- Can I smoke on this tour? We can stop at your request anytime you like while on the tour for a break and you may smoke in designated outdoor spaces at your accommodations. Smoking is prohibited in our vehicles and inside the accommodations.
- Do I have to be in really good shape to take this tour? Not at all. Each tour can be customized to accommodate each person’s physical level from very little hiking to extreme hiking.
- How often can we stop and walk around? It’s up to you. Simply tell your guide if you see something you would like to stop for; whether it be to take a photo, stop in a shop or just stretch your legs.
- Why is the tour 6 days and 7 nights long? So you can truly see the whole island without feeling rushed or in a hurry. There are no time restraints and we move at your pace, not that of a “tour group”.
- What if I only have a couple days for a tour, do you have an option for me? Yes, Kona2Kona also provides an option of the 2 Day Scenic Beauty Tour.
- What if I forgot something, like shampoo or sunscreen? Your guide will be happy to take you to the nearby grocery or drug stores (Costco and Safeway) for whatever you may need.
- How do I determine how much my tour will cost? Our pricing structure takes into account the total number of people in your group and charges per person with consideration to accommodations and transportation. The more people in your group, the less per person you’ll pay. Children under 2 years of age are always free.
- Would you recommend this tour for everyone? Kona2Kona provides tours for people seeking a more adventurous experience and who really want to see the island. Although we can accommodate as little or much of an active level as you are comfortable with, we do all we can to provide a unique and personal tour.
Kona2Kona Refund Policy
The following deposit amounts will be due to secure your vacation dates:
- More than 3 months in advance: $100 USD non-refundable deposit per person
- 90 days or less in advance: 50% deposit per person
- 45 days or less: 100% payment in full
2 Day to One Week Tours – Cancellation and Refund
Cancellations 30 days or more in advance of your tour start date will be refunded for deposit total, minus the $100 non-refundable portion per person. Unfortunately, cancellations less than 30 days from your tour start date can not be refunded.
1 Day Tours – Cancellation and Refund Policy
There is no fee for cancellations on any One Day Tour outside of 48 hours. No refunds will be issued for cancellations within 48 hours of scheduled tours. Kona2Kona, LLC will issue a full refund for any cancellation made by Kona2Kona, LLC due to weather/unforeseen reasons and you have the right to reschedule if you choose without a refund.
After submitting your choice for tour, you will be taken to a payment gateway (Paypal), after your payment a confirmation email will be sent to you. Kona2Kona will also receive a confirmation of payment, your tour is then booked and dates blocked.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.