On day 1 your Kona2Kona guide will pick you up at your Kona area location (hotel, condo, airport, ship port) between 7-9 am and start right in on your adventure. Scenic stops include:
- Hula Daddy Coffee You’ll start the morning right with a visit to a charming coffee plantation offering tours and a chance to sample some of Kona’s finest coffee.
- Kua Bay/Manini’owali A beautiful, off the beaten path, crescent shaped white sand beach known for some of the best boogie boarding on the island.
- Waimea/Kamuela A quaint cowboy town where you can have your picture taken with the bronzed horse and cowboy after a scenic drive past the Parker Ranch.
Kolekole Beach Park A charming beach side park where will picnic in front of the waterfall. Lunch will be provided by Kona2Kona.
Waipio Valley Lookout Known as the Valley of the Kings, the views are magnificent and will stay with you forever.
- Akaka Falls State Park Take a short hike through a cool and crisp rainforest trail and be rewarded with this gorgeous waterfall featuring a stunning 422 foot drop.
- Rainbow Falls State Park An 80 foot falls named for the glimmering rainbows often be seen floating above the pool’s mist.
Liliuokalani Park & Gardens Beautifully landscaped Japanese gardens on Hilo’s famous Banyon Drive.
Coconut Island You’ll love the walk over the footbridge connecting to this Hilo Bay island that offers amazing views of the bay and Hilo.
At the end of the first day your guide will bring you to your overnight accommodations, included in the 2 day package, in the charming bay-front settlement of Hilo. Explore Hawaii’s most populous town with a walk along the bay and dinner at a local restaurant. Your guide will provide information and answer questions you have on things to do and where to eat to help you settle in. Please note dinner is not included in the tour.
Start you morning with a complimentary continental breakfast, including fresh fruit and pastries. Your guide will meet you at your accommodations and you’ll continue on your trip around Hawaii with visits to the following beautiful locations:
- Pahoa Town A quirky little town known for its wooden boardwalks and rustic charm.
- Drive the Legendary Red Road A stunning road known for its tree lined canopies and infinite ocean views.
- Lava Tree State Park A one of a kind park where you can see still standing Ohia trees that were covered with fast moving lava in a beautiful manicured park setting.
- Ahalanui Park & Hot Pond A volcanic heated pond you can soak your toes in or take a very warm swim. A great place to relax and watch the waves rolling in and out. Lunch will be provided.
- Kaimu Black Sand Beach In May of 1990, the Kilauea lava flow overtook the town of Kalapana and world-renowned Kaimu Black Sand Beach. Take a 5-10 minute walk across the other-worldly volcanic landscape from Kalapana to the natural rebuilding Kaimu Beach.
- Volcanoes National Park A hikers paradise with stops at the Thurston Lava Tube, Kilauea Lookout, Jagger Museum, steam vents and visitors center.
- Punuluu Black Sand Beach (Turtle Beach) A very pretty black sand beach that gets its name from the many turtles found in the water and napping in the sand at this oceanfront park.
- Naalehu & Punalu’u Bakeshop A picturesque little town where we can stop and you can buy some delicious fresh pastries for the trip back to Kona.
At the end of Day 2 we’ll return you to your pick up location with your camera full of pictures and your heart full of a new found love for the beauty of Hawaii.
1 to 2 people with accommodations – $299 per person
1 to 2 people without accommodations – $249 per person
4 to 7 people with accommodations – $249 per person
4 to 7 people without accommodations – $199 per person
Add 2 more days with a car for only $350